Tuesday 15 September 2015

Lunch @ Mad Hatter's Mumbles

Last Saturday, my Dad and I decided to head out for a bite to eat for lunch.  After a quick run through of all the cafe's in our local village we decided to try the newest of the bunch.  Mad Hatter's Cafe Bistro opened up in Mumbles a few weeks ago and offer's a range of breakfasts, light bites, lunches and cakes, as well as offering hot and cold drinks and house wines - so there is something for everyone!


I love the name of the cafe, I think it makes it stand out next to any other cafe's in the village. However, due to the name 'Mad Hatter' I was dubious that the decor, if reflecting the name, could be gawdy and over the top, but this was not the case at all.  The cafe is light, airy and very spacious - clean white wall's with dainty Alice in Wonderland animations and quotes scattered on the walls.

There was a range of tables to sit at - low coffee table's or dining tables with comfy cream leather chairs - and plenty of space between them so you didn't feel like you were sitting on top of anyone.


I decided to go for the Chicken, Bacon and Mayo rustic baguette with a large tea and my Dad went for BLT rustic baguette with a large americano.  The baguettes were so fresh and stuffed with filling - there is nothing I hate more than no filling haha!  The drinks were piping hot, my large teapot gave me five cups which is perfect for a tea lover like me!!  The owner proudly told us how he had the Mad Hatter logo put on all the teapots and coffee mugs which I think is such a cute and unique touch.





The stand out for me though was how reasonably priced everything was, especially for the quality!  A lady on the next table was enjoying traditional English breakfast which was only £3.25 - I cannot wait to go back to try this!

If your ever in Mumbles I couldn't recommend the Mad Hatter enough!

Did you eat anywhere yummy last weekend? I'd love to hear about it!!

Chat to me on Twitter 

Follow me on Instagram

XOXO Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment