Friday 5 June 2015

Mini Illamasqua Haul

Believe it or not when I was in London completing the MUA course I hardly bought any makeup!  I don’t know why this was; I had planned on raiding the Selfridges beauty hall but just didn’t get round to it.  

When I did go shopping I spent most of my time in clothes shops stocking up on a summer wardrobe for my upcoming holidays (look book coming soon!). 
We did however have a course trip to the Illamasqua boutique in Soho? One evening where they were offering a 20% off discount to the London School of Makeup students.  Over the first week I made up a list of products I had used in the school and wanted to pick up for myself.  I didn’t go crazy at all and here’s what I bought.



Before studying at LSM, translucent powder is something I shied away from and always overlooked.  I think the whiteness of the powder used to put me off, being a fake tan lover why would I then want to plaster white powder all over my face?!   I usually use Nars loose powder in Beach or Rimmel Stay Matte powder.  But oh my god since trying this Illamasqua powder I literally cannot use anything else.  It feels like silk on the skin, is ultra-lightweight and doesn’t leave a chalky/cakey look.  This powder would suit any skin tone – I used it on light medium and even dark skin.  I now can’t remember how I used to set my makeup without this. 




This eye shadow is just the dream!! This is a matte shadow and on the website is described as a ‘rich chocolate plum’ shade but I would say it is more purpley than brown.  We all used to fight to use this shadow on the course, it works with every skin type and can be worn on its own or incorporated into a Smokey eye.   I fell in love with a number of the Illamasqua eye shadows but this one was my favourite.   


I had also wanted to also pick up the Lip colouring pencil in Fantasy  and their pure pigment in ‘ore’.  The lip liner is the perfect pinky/brown, which I thought was very similar to the Charlotte Tilbury lip cheat in 'Pillow Talk' and I was absolutely gutted that they had sold out.  

When I was paying the girl who served me had the most stunning eye shadow on which she told me was the Pure Pigment in Ore. I loved it so much and I thought I'd asked the girl for two, one for me and one for a friend.  But long story short (after a panic of thinking I'd lost one), I realised I had only bought actually bought one which I gave to my friend, so I definitely will be going to pick myself up one of these beauties! 

What are your favourite Illamasqua products? 

Chat to me on Twitter - Here 
Follow me on Instgram - Here 
Follow me on bloglovin too :) 


XOXO Sophie 

No comments:

Post a Comment