Friday 10 April 2015

Ultimate Summer Glow.

For the last week the weather has been gorgeous here in the UK and it's really started to get me excited for Summer. 

Although it isn't warm enough to get my summer clothes out yet, I am definitely starting to change my makeup for the Summer season.

I am obsessed with highlighters and love to have glowy/dewy skin all year round, but during the summer months I like to go for a more intense highlight. 

So I have rounded up my top three, holy grail highlighters for the Summer season. 





I am obsessed with gold/bronze toned highlighters for the warmer months, I love the way they look in the sun. These are three highlighters that I have used for years and will forever repurchase, so I just had to share them. 


St. Tropez Skin Illuminator in Gold - £6 - HERE 

Last year my friend bought me a St.Tropez fake tan kit which included this Skin Illuminator in Gold.  For a while I didn't use the Illuminator as I hadn't used a liquid/cream highlighter before and wasn't sure what to do with it, but I wish I'd started using it sooner it's gorgeous! 



When first applied out of the tube the liquid looks more like a moisturiser than Illuminator but as you start to blend the product out it develops into a light golden shade. My favourite way to wear this is to either mix a drop into my foundation to create an all over glow or to dab onto my cheek bones, brow bone and bridge of my nose. 
This is the lightest and not so 'in your face' highlighter of the three - I'm planning to take mine on holiday to dab a little on for round the pool!

Fake Bake - Beyond Bronze Shimmer Brick in Medium - £7.30 - HERE 

I was first introduced to this highlighter a few years ago when Towie first started and I was obsessed with Billie Faires makeup.  I remember stalking her Twitter feed for weeks hoping she may mention what products she uses and one day she mentioned that her favourite highlighter to use on the show was the Fake Bake Beyond Bronze shimmer brick, so I headed straight to Boots to get my hands on it. 


This highlighter is budget friendly at only £7.99 and is an amazing dupe for the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks - I have the BB shimmer brick in bronze and by far prefer the Fake Bake one. 

As you can see above this is the 'bronziest' of the three highlighters and I definitely like to keep this for the Summer months. The brick consists of 5 shades which are super pigmented and shimmery - no chunky glitter or chalky texture. I usually like to apply this with a fan brush on the highest points of my cheeks bones, dust down my nose and on my Cupid's bow. For the last week or so I've been applying this lightly over the apples of my cheeks for a warmer, summery glow. 

I haven't seen this in Boots recently but it can be found on Amazon, see link above. 

Tip - I also love using this highlighter as an eyeshadow palette and find it so handy when I go on holiday as it doubles as a highlighter/bronzer/eyeshadow. 


Estée Lauder Pure Colour Illuminating Powder Gelee in Heat Wave 

I was so lucky to get my hands on the Estée Lauder Heat Wave highlighter when it came out two summers ago.  It is my favourite highlighter ever, the gold tone is so flattering on any skin tone. 



I know this product is no longer available but their are lots of amazing dupes out their including the Kiko Water Sshadow in #208 in Light Gold -  HERE and its a snip of the price! 

As the name says the texture of this powder is very gelee like, ultra light weight and feels like velvet.   Like the Fake Bake I like to use a fan brush to apply this over the highest part of my cheekbones' brow bone, bridge of my nose and cuspids bow. I use this highlighter all year round but tend to apply a bit more in the summer for a more intense glow. 

Tip - spray your brush with either some MAC fix plus or Urban Decay setting spray for a more intense colour. 

L-R - St.Tropez Skin Illuminator in Gold, Estée Lauder Heat Wave and Fake Bake Beyond Bronze - Medium 


These three highlighters I will forever repurchase and recommend - apart from Heat Wave, but I will forever be on a mission to find it's amazing dupes.  These will live in my makeup bag for the Summer season to give me the ultimate bronze goddess skin.

Let me know if you'd like to see my favourite all year round highlighters! 

Have you ever tried these three and are you as obsessed as I am?! 


Chat to me on Twitter - Here 
Follow me on Instgram - Here 

XOXO Sophie 







No comments:

Post a Comment