Thursday 9 July 2015

Strobing: Current Favourite Highlight Combination

I only recently became familiar with the term strobing after seeing half of Instagram going mad for this 'new' technique. So for those that don't know 'strobing' its basically highlighting - something that many of us have been doing forever.

I am all about having that glowing, dewy look to my skin and have tried many different types and brands of highlighters over the years (read my holy grail highlighters post Here). Recently I've been obsessed with a new combination of products that I've been using every day for the past few weeks that I have to share.  



Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Bronze  
Topshop Butterscotch Blush - cannot find online 


L-R Makeup revolution highlighter, Bobbi Brown shimmer brick, Topshop blush 

After I've applied my base (foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer/contour) I then like to apply this combination instead of blusher - blush can be added this is just how I like to wear it. 

First I apply the Topshop blush to the apples of my cheeks and blend up onto my cheekbones. Next I go over the same area with the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick and then finish off I apply the Makeup Revolution highlighter to the highest part of my cheek bones. 

To complete the 'strobing' look I then apply the same Makeup Revolution highlighter down my nose, on my brow bone, above my brows,min the tear duct and on my cupids bow. 




What do you think of the 'strobing' trend? 

Chat to me on Twitter - Here 
Follow me on Instgram - Here 
Follow me on bloglovin - link at top of page :) 

XOXO Sophie 




No comments:

Post a Comment