Sunday 9 August 2015

Gigi Hadid 'How Deep is your Love' Inspired Makeup Look

Hello Lovelies :)

I am so sorry for the lack of posts this week but I have unfortunately been stuck in bed with Tonsillitis which has meant everything has taken a back seat whilst I've had endless duvet days and Prison Break marathons, lol.

I thought I would make my first post back a good one and its a YouTube video/post combined.  If you didn't know I posted my first YouTube video last week (see here) and am now loving this different aspect to blogging.


One of my current celebrity obsessions is Gigi Hadid, I love her cool, effortless and chic style.  Gigi seem's to be everywhere at the moment and when I heard she was going to be in the music video for Calvin Harris's new song 'How deep is your love' I knew she was going to look stunning.  Gigi usually keeps her makeup minimalist and simple, emphasizing her natural beauty but when she posted the below look to Instagram account taken from the music video I knew this was the look I wanted to recreate.


Patrick Ta was the artist who worked on Gigi for the music video and he has worked with various other artists including the Kardashian/Jenner's.  I have followed Patrick on Instagram for ages and his work is flawless, check him out here.





This look I recreated is a super smokey matte eye, with glowing bronzed skin (no contour) and a nude glossy lip.  The key to the eye is to gradually layer the colour and blend, blend, blend - until your arm falls off haha!

Here is a list of the products I used to recreate this look:

Urban Decay Original Primer Potion
Mac Tete a Tint Eyeshadow (not online but any warm caramel shade) w/ Crown Brush Deluxe Crease
Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 - 'Cover' w/ Dior Eyeshadow Brush
Maybelline The Nudes Palette - Last shadow on op row w/ Crown Brush LG Angle Fluff Brush
Naked Basics 2 'Undone' w/ Crown Brush Angle Shadow
Crown Brush Pro Blending Crease Brush

Clinique Moisture Surge Mosturiser
Benefit Porefessional
Mac Strobe Cream mixed with Makeup Forever HD Foundation #35 w/ Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush
Maybelline Eye Eraser Concealer in Light w/ Primark Stippling Brush
Illamasqua Translucent Powder w/ Mac 150 Large Powder Brush
Ben Nye Banana Powder w/ Real Technique Expert Face Brush
Mac Sharon Osborne Mineralise Skin Finish Duo w/ Real Technique Blush Brush
Milani Baked Bronzer in 04 Glow w/ Crown Brush Tapered Blush Brush
Makeup Studio Eyeshadow Lumiere in Ivory Gold w/ Crown Brush Pointed Blender
Smashbox Limitless Eyeliner Pencil in Onyx
Ardell 101 Lashes
Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara in Black Waterproof

ModelCo Lip Enhancer Illusion Lip Liner
Gerard Cosmetics Shimmer of Hope Lip Gloss


I hope you enjoyed this video and look I have recreated!  I love making these makeup video's, so if you have any requests of looks you would like to see please leave me a comment below :)

Please dont forget to subscribe to me on YouTube and follow me on Bloglovin!

Hope you have all had a wonderful weekend :)

Chat to me on Twitter 
Follow me on Instagram

XOXO Sophie



No comments:

Post a Comment