Monday 10 August 2015

OMG Detox

For as long as I can remember I have always been on some diet or another but the last few months I have come to realise that no 'diets' as such work, instead it is key to live a healthy balanced lifestyle.
I recently completed the Body Coach's three month plan (read my cycle 1 review here) which completely changed my outlook on diets and educated me into the correct way to be eating.  I no longer weigh myself, count calories or think of myself as on a 'diet'.  I cannot recommend checking out Joe Wick's aka The Body Coach enough!

I had been following daily.detoxing on Instagram for a while, their pictures are beautiful, and when I saw the brand OMG Detox were looking for brand ambassadors I knew it was something I'd love to be involved with. 


My detox arrived about two weeks ago but I only managed to take the detox for a few days before I was struck down with tonsillitis all last week.  So I started again on my 28 day detox this morning and will be taking it right up to my holidays in three weeks.


Basically the OMG detox is a powder like formula which it is recommended that you add to water and drink on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.  So far this is the only way I have tried the detox but it can also be added to smoothies and on top of porridge etc.  I dont find the detox has an offensive taste at all and the fact it is mixed in so little water its gone before you know it.  OMG detox has a really pleasant taste compared to some other detox tea's I have tried plus it has have no dodgy side effects either!

On their website the detox is described as "a revolutionary detox made from the rarest and nutrient-dense super foods on the planet", which is made up of the ten following super foods:

  • Acai Berry
  • Maqui Berry
  • Goji Berry
  • Chai Seeds
  • Camu Camu
  • Maca 
  • Lucuma
  • Guarana 
  • Cranberry
  • Strawberry
I'll be honest I hadn't heard of half of the ingredients before starting this detoxing but after some research the benefits of all of the foods are freally impressive.

The detox promises to help rid toxins from the body, aid weight loss, restore mental clarity, curb cravings, increase energy, banish dull skin and get the balance back in your body.  All of these benefits are super appealing to me especially with an upcoming bikini holiday lol!

I have been mixing two teaspoons of the detox into 200 ml of water every morning and drinking before I have anything else to eat or drink.  At the moment I feel I haven't tried the detox for long enough to be able to comment on any benefits I have personally seen so I will keep you updated every few weeks on my progress!



The lovely Natalie who is the founder of OMG Detox has kindly provided me with a discount code for all my lovely readers which I feel so lucky to be able to offer!! Use the code 'SOPHIE20' to get a massive 20% discount off either your 14 day or 28 day detox's, shop here.

If you decide to embark on the detox with me I would love to know your progress and the benefits you feel!!

Chat to me on Twitter 

Follow me on Instagram

XOXO Sophie 


No comments:

Post a Comment