Thursday 13 August 2015

Maybelline The Nudes Palette

Maybelline is the latest drug store brand to jump on the Naked dupe band wagon with their 'The Nudes' palette which was released earlier this year.



My lovely friend Katie got me this palette along with some other lovely makeup goodies for my birthday in June and I have been loving it ever since.  Its been the palette I've been reaching for most days due to its versatile shade range and amazing formulation. 




Like a lot of the drugstore eye shadow palettes the packaging is nothing special, and is very similar to that of the Makeup Revolution palettes.  A simple but relatively sturdy plastic case with no mirror and a dual end sponge applicator.  To be honest packaging doesn't bother me too much, don't get me wrong I do love the prestigious high end packaging, but as long as it doesn't fall apart within the first week I am more concerned with the quality of the product inside.




The Maybelline palette is made up of 12 bronze, beige and taupe shades and are of a matte, shimmer and satin finish.  Each are highly pigmented and have a soft, buttery texture which makes blending a dream.  The texture of these shadows remind me of the Morphe shadow's for comparison, unlike the Urban Decay Shadows these do not have any large flecks of glitter through them, which means there is no messy fallout which is a massive plus for me.






What I love the most about this palette is the shade range - I feel it incorporates a bit of all three of the Urban Decay Naked palettes as it has some warm, cool and rose gold tones in it.  This is a great palette for if you were going away as you can create so many different looks with it including a soft bronze eye or a full smokey look.





The palette is currently on offer for just £7.99 (RRP £9.99) in Boots which is an absolute bargain for this dreamy little palette, I couldn't recommend picking it up enough!


In the above photo I have used just the Maybelline palette on my eyes and in the below photo I have used a mix of MAybelline and Naked Basics 2.  Catch up with these looks on my YouTube channel, links in previous posts. 



Have you tried this Maybelline palette?  What drugstore eye shadow palette would you recommend me to try next?

Chat to me on Twitter 

Follow me on Instagram

XOXO Sophie 

No comments:

Post a Comment