Sunday 2 August 2015

My Contour, Highlight and Baking Routine

If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen that last weekend I did something completely new for me and filmed a YouTube video.  I have toyed with the idea for a long time but have always come up with some excuse not to do it.  But seeing as I love playing round with different makeup looks and techniques, I found trying to show how I created these looks through just photo's to be difficult.  So last week I bit the bullet, sat down, set my camera and just had a go at filming.

For my first video I decided to do my contour, highlighting and baking routine.  This has been at the top of my blog post to do list for months, so I thought instead it would be perfect for my first video.





Baking is a new technique I have added into my contour and highlighting routine since seeing it blowing up all over Instagram and with other bloggers.  It is where you pack a yellow tone or translucent powder anywhere you have put your cream highlight (concealer) and leave it 'bake' for between 10-20 minutes.  The heat from your face allows the powder to set into the cream base to give a flawless, bright and crease-less finish.  This is not a new technique by any means, it is actually one which is favoured by drag queen's!!  The 'baking' powder can be applied with a damp sponge or beauty blender sprayed with Mac Fix+ or I like to use a velour puff.


Please check out and subscribe to my YouTube channel, I am hoping to be uploading a video at least once a week now.  If there are any looks you would like to see me create please leave them in the comments.  I am still finding the whole editing the video hard to get my head round and I still haven quite cracked how to add my own thumbnail lol, but please bare with me I promise I will improve ha ha!


Products Used:
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation in #7
LA Girl Pro Conceal in Light Ivory and Beautiful Bronze
Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer in Light
Illamasqua Translucent Loose Powder
Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit in Banana/Vanilla and Fawn/Java
Milani Baked Blush in Berry Amore
Estee Lauder Heatwave Highlighter - Dupe here
Maybelline 'The Nudes' Palette
Red Cherry 'Wispie' lashes

Tools:
Original Beauty Blender
Bobbi Brown Pro Face Brush
MAC 150
MAC Large Paddle Brush
Velour Puff
Real Technique Contour Brush
Crown Brush C138 Round Contour
Crown Brush C105 Tapered Blush
Smashbox Fan Brush


I hope you enjoyed this video, please ignore the fact I keep looking up at the screen rather than into the lens I promise I will work on this lol! I am also hoping to get some lighting soon so the quality of my makeup will show up better :)


Chat to me on Twitter
Follow me on Instagram

XOXO Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment